THE CORPORATION OF THE
BY-LAW NO. 5-06
being a by-law prescribing a tariff of fees for the processing of applications
made in respect to planning matters.
WHEREAS the Planning Act, R.S.O. 1990 (69) provides that the Council of a municipality may by by-law prescribe a tariff of fees for the processing of planning applications:
Council of the Corporation of the
1. A fee shall be charged to the proponent of any application of a planning nature, before a review or decision of the application is undertaken by Council. This fee will be non-refundable.
2. Any person who is required to pay a fee for the processing of an application in respect of a planning matter may pay the amount of the fee under protest and thereafter appeal to the Ontario Municipal Board against the levying of the fee or the amount of the fee by giving written notice of appeal to the Municipal Board within 30 days of payment of the fee.
3. The Municipal Board shall hear an appeal under Clause (2) and shall dismiss the appeal or direct that a refund payment be made to the appellant in such amount as the Board determines.
4. The following fee schedule is hereby established for applications in the amounts as stated:
a) Official Plan Amendment (no amendment to Zoning By-Law) $500.00
b) Official Plan Amendment (with amendment to Zoning By-Law) $750.00
c) Zoning By-Law Amendment $500.00
d) Proposed Plan of Subdivision Review $1000.00
e) Proposed Subdivision Agreement Review $1000.00
f) Applications for Consent submitted for review $200.00
g) Cash in Lieu of Parkland $400.00 + HST per lot created
h) Minor Variance $500.00
i) Lakeshore Road Closing $500.00
5. The fees established in Clause (4) of this by-law do not include any disbursements incurred by the Township on behalf of the Applicant for the processing of the application. Where Council incur costs necessary as part of its review and processing of the application such as planning, legal, engineering, advertising, postage, special meetings, etc. such costs will be billed to the applicant. Council may require an additional deposit of $1000.00 payable in advance to be applied against the final costs of the processing of the planning application.
6. The Clerk of the municipality, upon receipt of the application and certified payment thereof, shall present a copy to Council for its recommendation and approval or non-approval.
7. Upon a decision being made, the Clerk shall notify the applicant of Councils decision immediately.
8. The Clerk shall then commence processing the application, in accordance with
regulations and procedures established in the Planning Act, R.S.O. 1990 as amended.
This by-law shall come into full force and effect on
READ A FIRST, SECOND, THIRD & FINAL TIME THIS 27TH DAY OF FEBRUARY 2006.
Brenda Paul, AMCT
OTHER ADMINISTRATIVE FEES:
Tax Certificate or Zoning Compliance $40. per roll number
Additional Building History $40. per roll number
Search Fee or Returned Cheque $40. per roll number